May 10, 2018
Heaven Hill Distillery Wins at 2018 San Francisco’s World Spirits Competition
Earlier this year, when Heaven Hill’s Master Distiller Denny Potter received the surprise news that Elijah Craig Barrel Proof had been awarded Whisky Advocate’s “Whisky of the Year,” he replied, with a quiet smile, “Well… I can’t say I disagree.”
Those same feelings of honor and pride were felt by Denny and the whole Heaven Hill family again last weekend, when our whiskeys won several major awards at the 2018 San Francisco World Spirits competion. The competition is one of the most influential competitions in world of whiskey, known by both fans and professionals for its exceptional reputation for discerning quality.
This year, Henry McKenna Single Barrel earned the title of “Best Bourbon” of the entire competition. Elijah Craig Small Batch was awarded “Best Small Batch Bourbon” and Henry McKenna also won best in its class, “Best Single Barrel Bourbon.” Pikesville Rye, Old Fitzgerald, and Parker’s Heritage Collection also took home gold and double gold medals.
Find all of the results below:
- Henry McKenna Single Barrel: “Best Bourbon” | “Best Single Barrel Bourbon” | Double Gold Medal
- Elijah Craig Small Batch: “Best Small Batch Bourbon” | Double Gold Medal
- Pikesville Straight Rye Whiskey: Double Gold Medal
- Parker’s Heritage Collection Single Barrel Kentucky Straight Bourbon: Gold Medal
- Evan Williams Bottled-in-Bond Bourbon: Gold Medal
- Old Fitzgerald Bottled-in-Bond Kentucky Straight Bourbon: Gold Medal